Document effective 1 August, 2016
By visiting and signing up on this site, you accept our terms and conditions of service.
CowryWise is an automated savings and investment platform available online and through mobile applications.
We offer an automated savings and investment service. As our Client, we will manage your savings and investment on your behalf in a very low cost manner to maximize your returns.
You must be 18 or older to access our website or mobile applications.
2.2. Your Access
You are responsible for safeguarding your password and other User Account information. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and you will notify CowryWise immediately if your password is lost or stolen or if you suspect any unauthorized use of your User Account. As a User you agree that you shall be solely responsible for any activities or actions under your User Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions.
You agree that the information you provide to us on account registration through our website or mobile applications will be true, accurate, current, and complete.
If you wish to develop enhancements to the CowryWise service then you must do so via our "Partner Program" API. As used in these Terms, "APIs" means programmatic web APIs and associated tools and documentation that provide access to certain data displayed on our website or in our mobile applications. Access to our APIs requires you meet our Partner Program eligibility criteria and enter into a signed partnership agreement with CowryWise. You may not scrape or copy information through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work) as explained in Section 6.2. If you wish to learn more about becoming a Partner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.2. Alerts, Notifications and Service Communications
By creating a User Account, you automatically sign up for various types of alerts via e-mail and mobile notification. We never include your password in these communications, but we may include your name, or email address and information about your portfolio(s) if you are a Client. Anyone with access to your e-mail or mobile device will be able to view these alerts. You may unsubscribe from marketing oriented emails at any time.
3. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
CowryWise cannot be held responsible for any financial insights or recommendations provided to Users.
3.1. For a User who is not a Client
You agree and understand that your use of CowryWise is for educational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal, tax or financial planning advice. You agree as a User that you are responsible for your own investment research and investment decisions, that CowryWise is only one of many tools you may use as part of a comprehensive investment education process, that you should not and will not rely on CowryWise as the primary basis of your investment decisions and, except as otherwise provided for herein, CowryWise will not be liable for decisions/actions you take or authorize third parties to take on your behalf based on information you receive as a User of CowryWise or information you otherwise see on our website.
3.2. Disclaimer Warranties
Your use of CowryWise's website, and the personal information you provide is at your sole discretion. CowryWise's website and all materials, information, products and services included therein, are provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without warranties of any kind from CowryWise.
COWRYWISE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, RELATING TO COWRYWISE'S WEBSITE, CONTENT AND/OR USER INFORMATION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. COWRYWISE DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED:
1. REGARDING THE AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS AND PERFORMANCE OF COWRYWISE'S WEBSITE, CONTENT AND/OR USER INFORMATION;
2. THAT COWRYWISE'S WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED;
3. THAT COWRYWISE'S WEBSITE WILL BE FREE FROM ELECTRONIC VIRUSES; OR
4. REGARDING THE PERFORMANCE OF OR ACCURACY, QUALITY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY COWRYWISE ON ITS WEBSITE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH SOCIAL MEDIA.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from CowryWise's website, shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this Agreement. If you choose to rely on such information, you do so solely at your own risk.
3.3. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL COWRYWISE OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF COWRYWISE, CONTENT AND/OR USER INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR UTILITY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED AS PART OF OR THROUGH COWRYWISE OR FOR ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF SUCH INFORMATION, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT COWRYWISE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION AND IN NO EVENT SHALL COWRYWISE'S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED NGN10,000.
Each of us can end this agreement at any time, subject to the maturity of all plans. You may request termination of your User Account at any time and for any reason by sending an email to email@example.com.
5. Dispute Resolution
6. CowryWise "Dos" and "Don'ts
CowryWise grants you a license to use our website and mobile applications so long as you comply with all our rules.
6.1. Dos: You agree you will:
6.1.1. Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
6.1.2. Provide accurate information to us, whether reported directly or through a third party who you authorize, and keep it updated;
6.1.3. Use the services solely for your personal, non-commercial use;
6.1.4. Use your real name on your profile and keep your password confidential;
6.1.5. Use the Services in a professional manner.
6.2. Donts: You agree you won't:
6.2.1. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of CowryWise or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or User information
6.2.2. Upload, email, transmit, provide, or otherwise make available:
• any User information which you do not have the lawful right to use, copy, transmit, display, or make available (including any User information that would violate any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations that you might have with respect to the User information); or
any User information that infringes the intellectual property rights of, or violates the privacy rights of, any third-party (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, moral right, or right of publicity); or
• unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation; or
• any personal information that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or hateful, or that contain objects or symbols of hate, invade the privacy of any third-party, contain nudity, are deceptive, threatening, abusive, inciting of unlawful action, or are otherwise objectionable in the sole discretion of CowryWise; or
• any personal information that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to (i) interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software; or (ii) interfere with the access of any user, host or network, including without limitation overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing, or sending a virus to CowryWise; or
• any personal information that includes code that is hidden or otherwise surreptitiously contained within the User information;
• Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a CowryWise name, trademark, URL or product name;
• Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any posting, or in any way use CowryWise to send altered, deceptive, or false source- identifying information;
• Interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) any CowryWise web page, server, or network, or the technical delivery systems of CowryWise's providers, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to CowryWise.
• Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any CowryWise system or network or breach or impair or circumvent any security or authentication measures protecting CowryWise;
• Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software used to provide CowryWise;
• Attempt to access, search, or meta-search CowryWise or content thereon with any engine, software, tool, agent, device, or mechanism other than software and/or search agents provided by CowryWise or other generally available third- party web browsers, including without limitation any software that sends queries to CowryWise to determine how a website or web page ranks;
• Violate the terms of service or any other rule or agreement applicable to you or CowryWise's inclusion in, reference to, or relationship with any third party or third-party site or service, or your use of any such third-party site or service;
Collect or store personal information about other users without their express permission;
• Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, through pretexting or some other form of social engineering, or commit fraud;
• Solicit any User for any investment or other commercial or promotional transaction;
• Violate any applicable law, regulation, or ordinance;
• Scrape or copy information through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
• Use, launch, or permit to be used any automated system, including without limitation "robots," "crawlers," or "spiders"; or
• Copy or use the information, content or data on CowryWise in connection with a competitive service (as determined by CowryWise);
• Monitor CowryWise's availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purposes
• Copyrighted Materials: No Unauthorized Use. If you become aware of misuse of CowryWise or content thereon by any person, please contact CowryWise to report any abuse. CowryWise has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination of Accounts of users who infringe the rights of copyright holders. Please see the CowryWise Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy for further information.
7. General Terms
You agree the only way to provide us legal notice is at the address provided in Section 9.5.
8. International Use
CowryWise is only for use in Nigeria
8.1. CowryWise is only available for use in Nigeria. We make no representation that CowryWise is appropriate or available for use outside Nigeria. Similarly, we make no representations that accessing CowryWise from locations outside Nigeria is legal or permissible by local law. If you access CowryWise from areas outside of Nigeria, you do so at your own risk and are yourself responsible for compliance with local laws.
This Agreement takes priority over previous agreements
9.1. Integration & Severability
This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and us with respect to CowryWise, and your use of our website and mobile app, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and us. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
Investment recommendations are made to Clients on an individual basis and may differ based on specific circumstances.
9.2. Advice may differ
You understand and agree that we act as an investment advisor for Clients and will continue to do so. We and our personnel may make recommendations and take action for Clients that may differ from the recommendations we give to you or the action we take on your behalf.
In addition, our personnel may take actions for their own accounts based on their own investment situations that differ from the recommendations we give you or actions we take on your behalf.
9.3. Communication: Any notice or communication will be in writing by email
Feedback: We welcome your feedback!
Your feedback is welcome and encouraged. You may submit feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You agree, however, that (i) by submitting unsolicited ideas to CowryWise or any of its employees or representatives, by any medium, including but not limited to email, written, or oral communication, you automatically forfeit your right to any intellectual property rights in such ideas; and (ii) such unsolicited ideas automatically become the property of CowryWise. You hereby assign and agree to assign all rights, title, and interest you have in such feedback and ideas to CowryWise together with all intellectual property rights therein. In addition, you warrant that all moral rights in any feedback have been waived, and you do hereby waive any such moral rights.
9.5. Questions: If you have any questions
You can also contact CowryWise by phone at +234 (0) 903 000 0857or via physical mail at:
Plot 634, Adeyemo Alakija
Victoria Island, Lagos,